Audubon New York is your leader on critical statewide conservation issues. Since the beginning of December we have made tremendous progress on the items below, and with your support we can continue the momentum into 2017.
- Secured significant state funding to revitalize our signature Long Island facility, the Theodore Roosevelt Sanctuary and Audubon Center as a true hub of shorebird conservation and coastal community engagement.
- Protected the Great Lakes’ ecosystem and vitality of Lake Ontario for the benefit of birds, wildlife, and people through our advocacy on behalf of Plan 2014.
- Activated our network to recommend the United States Coast Guard protect the Hudson River from potential irreparable damage from increased barge traffic and oil storage carries.
- Urged New York State to ensure the protection of Boreas Ponds, the latest acquired tract in the Adirondack Park, with a Wilderness designation.
- Submitted recommendations to Governor Andrew Cuomo on the 2017 New York State budget in support of statewide environmental conservation priorities.
Science shows that where birds thrive, people prosper and we are honored that you trust us to represent you, the birds, and wildlife, in the communities you care about most.
By working together, we will continue our success into the new year.