Join the Audubon Ambassador program to:
- Volunteer to take action to protect birds as they face the impacts of global warming.
- Get access to tools to help make concrete changes.
- Help change or enact laws that protect birds and people.
- Meet like-minded people in your community and across the state.
- Be part of shaping the climate change conversation in New York.
- Have lots of fun.
What Is An Audubon Ambassador?
Audubon Ambassadors are a committed, passionate group of individuals who love birds and want to do more to protect birds in a changing climate. Audubon Ambassadors volunteer their time to complete tasks that will help birds adapt to the effects of climate change. We’ll ask you to help in three primary ways:
- Be the Messenger - Share your love of birds, whether through your online network or with friends and family you see every day, and inspire people to take action to protect birds.
- Be the Solution - Encourage people to plant a bird-friendly yard and volunteer to improve habitat.
- Be an Advocate - Become a resource for others by hosting presentations, talking to your elected officials, and encouraging your community to take actions to protect birds.
What You Will Gain as an Audubon Ambassador:
We have created meaningful, easy actions to help you protect birds. Learn the tools to have impactful conversations with your friends, families and communities about how climate change is affecting birds. We also have the right tools, so you can see how your actions add up to real protection for birds facing the effects of a changing climate.
By joining the Audubon Ambassador program you will get:
- Tips and training on how to talk about climate change with family, friends and your community
- Access to an exclusive Facebook group with climate change articles, tools, events and networking with your fellow Ambassadors
- Update emails with concrete ways you can take action through quick ideas and long-term projects, and reports on the progress of the entire group
- Access to Audubon Works, a password-protected site with climate tools and resources
- Support from the Audubon New York staff via email and conference call
JOIN NOW! Lead the way for change and become an Audubon Ambassador.
You MUST attend a training to become an Ambassador. Check out our events calendar for upcoming trainings in your area.
Not able to come to one of the trainings? Sign up here to make sure you get the latest news on birds and climate change in New York.
For more information, click here to access the Advocacy Guide for New York.