The world may be standing still, but birds still need our help to thrive, and right now, we need them too.
Here are some ways you can stay socially distant while safely enjoying the outdoors this spring.
Pass the Time on a Trail
Montezuma Audubon Center: The visitor center is now open! Tuesday - Saturday from 10 AM - 4 PM | Trails are open daily from dawn to dusk.
Theodore Roosevelt Sanctuary and Audubon Center: Trails Open | Center facilities remain closed
Watch Live Birds, From Indoors
We recognize that some people may be unable, or nervous, to explore the outdoors right now. So we're bringing the birds to you!
Here are some live bird cameras you can enjoy from the comfort of your home:
- Audubon Live! cameras in Connecticut feature Osprey nests, and the occassional harbor seal! https://ct.audubon.org/audubon-live
- Our friends at the Cornell Lab of Ornithology in Ithaca are bringing us views of feeder birds, Barred Owls, and more. https://www.allaboutbirds.org/cams/all-cams/
- Transport yourself to summertime, when hummingbirds will return to our NY feeders, with this feeder cam live from California: https://explore.org/livecams/hummingbirds/hummingbird-fountain
Got a live bird camera you'd like to share? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accept This Birdy Care Package
In desperate need of distraction? Look no further than this birdy care package, from Audubon to you! This free gift includes:
- Many, many photos of baby birds
- Funny bird videos
- Extremely important guides about birbs, floofs, and borbs
- Activities to do from home, with kids